President Basescu: ANI law should be adjusted to meet Romania's obligationsPublish date: 21-07-2010
The Law on the National Integrity Agency (ANI) should be drawn up as to meet Romania's commitments, and the decision of the Constitutional Court of Romania (CCR) has generated to conditions to this end, Romania's President Traian Basescu said on Tuesday following the release of a report on Romania's progress with judicial reform drawn up by the European Commission.
In relation to the mention in the EC report that 'the new ANI law seriously undermines the process for effective verification, sanctioning and forfeiture of unjustified assets,' the President said this is justifiably tough.
'The decision on Monday of the CCR has generated certain conditions. The ANI law should be drawn up to help Romania meet its commitments to allow the public and the State to see what happens to the assets of dignitaries,' said Basescu.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei