Central Depository might also turn into bankPublish date: Astazi, 20-07-2010
The Central Depository might also turn into a bank, said managing director of the Central Depository Adriana Tanasoiu on Monday, when they signed the protocol on inaugurating the user group for applying the TARGET 2 Securities system in Romania.
"They talk about drawing up a European directive that might make it possible for central depositories to be banks too and the intention of the European bodies is to approve this directive as soon as possible," said the managing director of the Central Depository.
Actually it would be "a bank with a limited purpose," which would not grant loans for buying consumer goods, but would deliver banking settlement services. According to Adriana Tanasoiu, a bank of a central depository would give short-term loans for settlement, with guarantees in financial instruments to be found with the Central Depository.
Such a bank would not accept deposits, but might give interests if a client does not withdraw the money from a transaction and leaves it with the bank.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei