Mugur Isarescu: Foreign exchange reserve, element of credibilityPublish date: 16-07-2010
Governor of the National Bank Mugur Isarescu on Thursday mentioned again the role of the country's foreign exchange reserve as an element of credibility on foreign markets.
Isarescu said once more that in the 90s the National Bank had problems with the level of its international reserve, but after 2000 this reserve increased tremendously.
There were also time spans when things were flat and this is not bad as regards the evolution of the reserve of the National Bank of Romania (BNR), said the Governor.
"One of the goals I myself aim at is to show that the perception according to which the international reserve must grow incessantly is not correct. The growth of the gold reserve, for instance, stopped at 103 tonnes in the past ten years," said the Governor. He added that Romania's international foreign exchange reserve had "a structure that is stable enough, which is also given by the structure of the foreign trade."
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei