Romania, 31st in gold reserves in the worldPublish date: 15-07-2010
Romania is the 31st in the world classification of official gold reserves, with 103.7 tonnes of gold, according to the World Gold Council (WGC), which is quoted by daily Bursa.
The United Sates of America is the first, 8,113.5 tonnes, followed by Germany, 3,406.8 tonnes, the International Monetary Fund, 2,996.8 tonnes, Italy, 2,451.8 tonnes, and France, 2,435.4 tonnes.
In the WGC classification Greece comes before Romania, gold reserves amounting to 112.2 tonnes. After Romania, Poland is the 32nd, with an official gold reserve of 103 tonnes.
This year the price of gold has gone up by 10 percent and 2010 seems to be the tenth year in a row marking an increase on the relevant market, also reads the above-mentioned newspaper.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei