IRES poll: Over 80 pct Romanians would insure dwellings were it mandatory, but for small amountsPublish date: 14-07-2010
Over 80 percent of the Romanians would insure their dwellings if regulations for the enactment of the law on the mandatory home insurance were issued, says the opinion poll called Public Administration and Floods conducted by the Romanian Institute for Assessment and Strategy (IRES), over July 6-8.
According to the poll, 13 percent of the respondents said they would not insure their homes, 2 percent answered they did not know if, and 1 percent did not answer.
Most of the respondents (93 percent) said that home insurance is necessary, while only 5 percent answered otherwise, and 1 percent of them said they had no idea or they failed answering.
As for the amount they could pay for insuring their dwellings, 26 percent said it might range between 0 and 100 lei, 12 percent said they could not afford paying any insurance, 26 percent did not know and 3 percent did not answer. Only 1 percent of the respondents said they could pay large amounts, ranging between 501 and 1,500 lei, or more.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei