Videanu: We're analyzing reducing the flat rate tax to 10 prc. Boc: Let's drop the scenariosPublish date: 08-07-2010
Hours after Adriean Videanu confirmed for Gandul that the possibility of reducing the flat rate tax is being analyzed, Prime Minister Emil Boc stated that we "should drop the scenarios" and that "what we have in force now, that's it"
During the Monday meeting of the National Permanent Office of the Democratic-Liberal Party, party leaders discussed the possibility of lowering the flat rate tax from 16% to 10%, the conclusion being that an analysis would be conducted by the Government to determine whether this measure is opportune. The Minister of the Economy, Adriean Videanu, confirmed Tuesday for Gandul that this intent exists. "Yes. It is being analyzed", replied Videanu when asked whether the Democratic-Liberal Party is analyzing the possibility of lowering the flat rate tax to 10 percent. A few hours later, during a press conference regarding the current status in the flooded areas, Prime Minister Emil Boc denied the existence of such an analysis and even of discussions regarding this.
"What we have in force now, that's it. There's nothing else. Let's drop the scenarios and all this working on all sorts of things, without the right hand knowing what the left hand is doing", stated the Prime Minister, when asked if the National Permanent Office of the Democratic-Liberal Party discussed this option.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei