The independents are proposing an overtax on estates worth over 500,000 EuroPublish date: 08-07-2010
Deputy Eugen Nicolicea specified that the measure would apply only during the crisis, and could raise 2 billion Euro. The independents are preparing a draft bill for applying a tax on displayed wealth.
Those in the crosshairs are persons with more than 500,000 Euro in their bank accounts, with the measure to be applicable solely during the economic crisis. National Union for the Progress of Romania Deputy Eugen Nicolicea, tasked by the party to draft the piece of legislation, stated Tuesday for Gandul that this is "a solidarity overtax": "Per the French model, we want to raise between 0.5 and 1% of the value of the estate's of those that have more than 500,000 Euro. For the French, the measure applies from 700,000 Euro on up".
The independents have already made a calculation regarding the money that would be collected to the state budget like this, and they're saying it would be over 2 billion Euro per year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei