Adrian Vasilescu, advisor to BNR governor: Money from IMF enters BNR accounts on WednesdayPublish date: 07-07-2010
The fifth tranche of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) loan to Romania will enter the reserve of the country's National Banka (BNR) on Wednesday, Adrian Vasilescu, advisor to the central bank governor, told Agerpres on July 6.
"The amount approved by the IMF Board will enter the BNR accounts on Wednesday,' said the advisor to the BNR governor, mentioning that "the fact that a half of each of the last three installments was directed to the Treasury was an exception in the 50-year long activity of the IMF," and that this exception has come to end with the fifth tranche worth 913 million euros.
In a statement for Agerpres, Romania's representative to the IMF Mihai Tanasescu expressed a similar view: "The release of the fifth tranche is important for strengthening the international reserve of the Central Bank of Romania, but it also a sign of normality, given that the money will go exclusively into the BNR account, for the management of the external deficit, and not also to the Treasury."
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei