AmCham: No business environment official in Fiscal CouncilPublish date: 01-07-2010
The business environment and the authorities seem to be two parallel worlds, an example for the lack of communication being also the fact that there is no representative of the business environment in the Fiscal Council, country leader of the American Chamber of Commerce in Romania (AmCham) Sorin Mindrutescu told the conference organized referring to the measures required to re-launch the Romanian economy.
'Beside the representatives of the Academy, of the Romanian Academy of Economic Studies (ASE), the Romanian Banking Institute, the Romanian Banks' Association and Romania's Central Bank (BNR), the Fiscal Council should also include a representative of the business environment and even a media representative, like the US President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board' said Mindrutescu.
AmCham official also suggested that the Romanian authorities should establish the sectors of strategic importance for attracting investments, saying they could be the agriculture, the energy, the education and the healthcare.
AmCham Romania was founded 17 years ago and numbers 300 members, US, international and local companies, whose investments total 10 billion USD and created 150,000 new jobs, in Romania.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei