PM Emil Boc: We are ready for any alternativePublish date: 28-06-2010
PM Emil Boc said, in the end of the videoconference with the prefects, that the government is prepared for any variant, answering thus a question about the chances there are that the austerity measures should come into force starting July 1.
'We are ready for any alternative, this is what I want you to know,' answered PM Boc when asked what chances there were that the measures the Government assumed responsibility for, and that the Romanian Constitutional Court (CCR) had not ruled unconstitutional, should come into force on July 1.
PM Boc said in the beginning of the videoconference that the CCR cut off only the provisions on the pension component of the initial draft bill on public salary and pension cuts.
'Unfortunately, under the circumstances, we have to resort to rising the VAT. This is no measure to bring us joy, but it must be taken, given that the initial plan could not be fully accomplished,' PM Boc said
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei