More than 50,000 Romanian and foreign tourists on Black Sea coastPublish date: 21-06-2010
The total number of Romanian and foreign tourists on holiday on the Romanian seaside exceeded 50,000 this weekend, Secretary General of the Seaside - Danube Delta Association for Tourism Promotion and Development Cristina Frecea told Agerpres on Sunday.
'Compared with Friday, when there were 39,862 tourists on the Black Sea coast, their number reached perhaps 53,700 on Sunday afternoon,' Frecea said.
According to her estimates, the number of tourists at the Mamaia resort probably doubled to more than 22,000 people, while at Costinesti, a traditional destination for Romanian teens and youth, there should have been 3,300 tourists 'because young people with less money started coming at the weekend.
A week ago, on June 13, there were 39,203 tourists on the Romanian Black Sea coast, 2,047 of whom were foreigners, according to data centralised by the Seaside - Danube Delta Association.
The Seaside - Danube Delta Association for Tourism Promotion and Development, founded in 2007, is a public-private partnership that includes local authorities and travel employers 'designed to capitalise on and channel positive energies into the development of Romania's Riviera.'
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei