No-confidence motion defeated by ParliamentPublish date: 16-06-2010
A no-confidence motion called Stop Social Genocide tabled by 120 lawmakers of the PSD+PC was defeated by the joint sitting of Parliament, Senate's Democratic Liberal Secretary Gheorghe David announced.
'The Standing Bureaus of the two chambers of Parliament found that 228 of the valid votes were cast in favour of the no-confidence motion, while 197 votes were cast against. Three votes were cancelled', David said.
The no-confidence motion needed 236 votes to pass. The vote was secret. The defeat of the no-confidence motion means the Government's draft law regarding several measures required to restore the budget balance that seeks to cut pensions by 15 percent and the public sector wages by 25 percent has been adopted.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei