Interior Minister Blaga says Romania needs new IMF agreementPublish date: 14-06-2010
Romania needs a new agreement with the International Monetary Fund, Minister of Administration and Interior Vasile Blaga told a television channel on Sunday.
'I personally believe Romania needs a new agreement with the International Monetary Fund and a new agreement with the IMF can also mean a fresh loan', he stressed.
Blaga added: 'We knew Romania was in a difficult sensitive situation in January 2009. We could have taken the austerity measures as early as at that time, but we didn't consider it necessary. I personally regret we didn't take such measures then'.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei