PM Boc: Budget cuts will not affect absorption of European fundsPublish date: 11-06-2010
The budget cuts will not affect the co-financing funds made available by Romania for the absorption of European funds, Prime Minister Emil Boc said on Thursday at the beginning of a meeting of the Inter-ministerial board on European fund absorption, where also attending was European Commissioner for Regional Policy Johannes Hahn.
'The budget decisions we have taken, those national decisions to narrow the Government deficit, will in now way affect the financial resources earmarked for co-financing European projects. On the contrary, the budgetary adjustments we have made and we will make keep intact the public financial resources for the absorption of European funds starting from the idea that our priority of bringing money to Romania to modernise the country and for regional development has to materialise,' Boc told Hahn.
He informed Hahn that by May 31, 2010, 17,292 projects had been submitted for European financing under seven operational programmes.
According to data with the Romanian Government, 4,342 of the submitted projects were approved and 2,664 signed for financing
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei