Financial-banking analysts estimate Romania's inflation to temper at 0.1% in MayPublish date: 10-06-2010
The members of the Association of Financial-Banking Analysts in Romania (AAFBR) estimate the monthly rate of inflation was of 0.1 percent in May and expect the annual rate to brake at 4 percent at the end of 2010, a release reads.
The analysts deem the monthly inflation stood between 0.1 and 0.3 percent in May, while the annual rate was of 4.4-4.6 percent.
For the end of 2010, the AAFBR members expect inflation to park at 4 percent, their estimates varying between 3.7 and 4.7 percent.
In April, consumer prices added 0.35 percent from the previous month and 4.28 percent year-on-year. The annual rate of inflation stood at 4.74 percent at the end of last year, above the central bank's (BNR) target of 3.5 percent plus or minus one percentage point (2.5-4.5 percent).
For the end of 2010, BNR targets a 3.5 percent inflation, take or leave one percentage point, and expects it to park at 3.7 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei