Hedegaard: Romania must profit from European fundsPublish date: 04-06-2010
Romania must profit from the European funds if it wants to have a developed economy with low carbon emissions, European Commissioner for climate changes Connie Hedegaard told the 'Romania Between Copenhagen and Cancun' conference in Bucharest.
Romania's goal relating to the waste transport is to see 15 percent growth in this area by 2014. I hope Romania will not have problems in meeting the objectives pledged with the European Union. In Romania, climate can go step in step with the economic growth. There are many problems with the initiatives we must finance and the European funds can help. It is very important that Romania uses these funds in order to reach a low-carbon emissions economy. Romania must be part of sustainable Europe, Hedegaard said.
She stressed that the environment should not be overlooked, in spite of the world seeing a deep recession. She said the economic crisis will go, but the destruction of the environment is irremediable. Climate changes represent a long-term strategy, Hedegaard stressed.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei