At least 70,000 state sector employees might be laid off by year-endPublish date: 02-06-2010
At least 70,000 state sector employees might be laid off in the next six months in order to return to the present salaries level, Andreea Paul Vass, personal adviser to Prime Minister Emil Boc told a debate on the national television on Monday evening.
She said that the number of layoffs is enough for such a short period of time, adding, 'this restructuring process must observe certain fundamental criteria, such as integrity, efficiency, public service quality and meritocracy criteria'.
Regarding the public sector restructuring process, which she deems as necessary, Paul Vass pointed out that one of the most important problems is the one related to the Fiscal Code, which was drafted in a 'politicking manner' and has 'loopholes' allowing the performance of 'fully tax-free transactions or gaining of revenues, either by individuals or legal persons,' in a legal manner.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei