Romania, in meeting on adoption of EU Energy strategy until 2020Publish date: 02-06-2010
Energy policy goals for Europe 2020 Strategy must include development of infrastructure and creation of an energy system based on low carbon emissions, with recognition for the nuclear sector contribution, according to the statement of Minister of Economy, Trade and Business Environment Adriean Videanu, given on the occasion of the European Union Council on energy issues in Brussels.
According to a MECMA release, the Romanian official added that the strategy goals must include the efficient valuing of EU indigenous resources, given that electricity production based on coal will continue to hold an important weight in Romania's energy mix.
Minister Videanu drew attention upon the importance of inclusion, when defining the strategy goals, of a foreign dimension of the cooperation in the energy field, this representing an essential component of securing the energy security and of consolidation of EU competitiveness.
As regards the energy infrastructure, Minister Adriean Videanu underlined that the recent project initiated by Romania for the achievement of Azerbaijan - Georgia - Romania Inter-connector (AGRI) plays an important role in the attainment of this joint objective for Romania and the European Union - of diversification of the energy supply sources and considered it is important, in this context, its inclusion in the Southern Corridor.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei