Romanian Gov't does not approve letter of intent to IMF without CES assentPublish date: 19-05-2010
The Government will not approve the letter of intent to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) agreement without the assent given by the Economic and Social Council (CES), underlined Prime Minister Emil Boc's economic counsellor Andreea Paul-Vass.
Asked if the Executive can send the IMF the letter of intent, in spite of CES not giving its assent, Paul-Vass told Agerpres: 'No it cannot, because both the President's and the Prime Minister's messages were crystal clear: CES needs to reach a consensus' and we hope negotiations will go in the right direction in the Council by next month.'
She also underscored that in a week, at the latest, the Government must send the letter of intent to the IMF, and if significant changes are made against the changes agreed upon with the IMF representatives, the delegation of the Washington-based institution has to come back to Bucharest to attend new rounds of negotiations with the Government.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei