Strategy to streamline irrigation systemPublish date: 13-05-2010
Romania's Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MADR) and the World Bank are to draw up a strategy for irrigations, proposing tangible measures to make the system more efficient, MADR informed.
Since early this year, one of the main goals MADR has had in view was to identify new ways to support the sector. Thus, talks were held at the EU Commission level to agreed on subsidizing the water for irrigation, but in compliance with the EU regulations the subsidization of the production means is not allowed, the single possibility being the investments in cutting energy and water costs.
The Agriculture Ministry launched in April 2010, the Measure 125 of the National Programme of Rural Development, whereby investments can be made to improve the investments in the irrigations' infrastructure owned by the water user organizations.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei