Romania could receive IMF tranche by June-endPublish date: 10-05-2010
Romania could receive IMF tranche by June-end, in case measures announced by the Government are implemented till June 20, the Public Finance Minister Sebastian Vladescu announced.
"We established (together with International Monetary Fund - IMF delegation - editor's note) all the other details linked to the budget rectification, zones where the revenues will drop, zones where we will operate spending cuts, and they are going to be implemented in the upcoming period. Implementation deadline is somewhere by June 20, so that at the moment of the presentation of the letter of intent to the IMF Board, a great part of those already assumed will be implemented and we could receive the IMF tranche by the end of June", explained the Minister of Public Finance at the end of the meeting the leaders of the ruling coalition had with Premier Emil Boc.
He stressed that talks with IMF on the letter of intent were concluded on Sunday, being established a budget deficit at 6.8 percent of the GDP for 2010. According to Vladescu, there were no easy options and since the very beginning it was very clear that an adjustment of more than three percentage points of the GDP will be needed, otherwise the estimated budget deficit would have exceed 9 percent of the GDP.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei