EC estimation: Romania's economic growth 0.8 pct this yearPublish date: 05-05-2010
Romania's economic growth this year will be 0.8 pct of the gross domestic product (GDP), according to the European Commission's spring economic forecasts presented on Wednesday in Brussels.
After having registered last year a negative economic growth of -7.1 pct of the GDP, Romania is expected to see this year a growth slightly below the EU average of 1 pct, the Community executive body said. The economic growth for the euro area is projected at 0.9 pct in 2010.
If policies stay unchanged, the Commission's forecast for the growth of Romanian economy in 2011 is 3.5 pct of the GDP, significantly higher than the 1.7 pct projected for the EU27, and the 1.5 pct of the euro area.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei