Mobile & PDA
BNR Exchange Rates27.03.2017
- 1 EUR 4.5500 RON
- 1 USD 4.1870 RON
- 1 CHF 4.2529 RON
- 1 GBP 5.2686 RON
- 1 gr. aur169.3164 RON
More than RON 61 ml for extra Romanian troops deployed to Afghanistan in Q2Updated: 05-05-2010 | Politics
Under a Government Resolution published on Monday in the Official Journal of Romania, the Ministry of National Defence (MApN) receives 61.521 million lei (about 14.475 million euros) to cover the costs of the supplementation of Romanian troops in Afghanistan in the second quarter of 2010.
The resolution passed by the Government in its meeting last week provides that the addition to the MApN budget shall be made from the Budget Reserve Fund set at the Government's disposal.
The money will be used for the training and equipping of the extra troops as well as for the reconfiguration of the Romanian contingent deployed to the Afghanistan theater of operations in 2010.
According to the same Resolution, the budget required for the entire reconfiguration of the Romanian forces is in excess of 210 million lei, and the rest of the amount will be made available in Q3 and Q4 either from the Reserve Fund, or by a budget amendment operated by the Government.
The acquisitions of technical equipment and other goods for the supplementation of the Romanian forces in Afghanistan shall be made in a fast-track procedure, the normative act also provides.
Currently, Romania has 1,125 troops deployed to Afghanistan, of which the 1,089 are assigned to ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) missions, under the NATO aegis, and 36 act under the Enduring Freedom operation, in the coalition initiated by the United States.
According to a January 2010 decision by Romania's Supreme Council for National Defence (CSAT) in January this year, Romania shall supplement its forces in Afghanistan to 1,798 during this year, Agerpres reports.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei
Most Popular News
- Three billion euros to be invested in energy private-public partnerships
- Romanian state plans to keep 8 pct of Petrom, at least
- IMF mission extends stay in Romania till May 9
- IMF, FinMin Vladescu discuss Government revenues collection
- Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to Marmosim
- Greece gets 110 billion euros, biggest bailout in history
- BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicated
- Romanian-German meeting on fresh cooperation opportunities
- Gov't to earmark 6.4pc of GDP for investment
- FinMin Vladescu: Cutting 25pc off public wages pool will not generate needed savings