ForMin Baconschi says decision on EEAS establishment has to be adopted fastPublish date: 28-04-2010
The decision regarding the establishment of the European External Actions Service (EEAS) must be urgently adopted in order to send a signal of unity and coherence to the European Union's external partners, said Foreign Affairs Minister Teodor Baconschi during the meeting of the General Affairs Council (GAC) held in Luxembourg on Monday.
The Romanian top diplomat reaffirmed it was important that the member states' diplomats account for a third of the Service personnel, with the balance being covered by the European Commission and the Council's General Secretariat representatives.
Romania was actively involved in the process of drafting the legislative package regarding EEAS establishment, having as objectives the setting up of an efficient and functional Service in which the member states should be fully engaged, a release by the Romanian Foreign Affairs Ministry informs.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei