InfoMatrix: Romanians - the best at 'little robots' and 'computer art'Publish date: 28-04-2010
Six Romanian teams including pupils, students and teachers, won medals in the final stage of the 8th edition of the InfoMatrix International Computer Projects Competition, that happened in Bucharest, over April 23 - 26.
According to a release sent to Agerpres, the Romanian pupils and students proved to be the best in hardware control, hardware robot-type devices, winning 12 medals, and in computer art, winning 11 medals in the category.
Six of the 29 Romanian teams vying in the competition won the gold, 15 won the silver and more 25 bronze medals. Romania topped the InfoMatrix final standings, followed, far behind by Turkey that won 22 medals and by Mexico with eight medals. The young contestants were competing with complex projects, in five categories namely, computer art, digital contents on Hope and Liberty, programming, photography called Colours of Life.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei