Nick Anstee: The investment of the 4,000 British companies to Romania are over 4 billion euroPublish date: 28-04-2010
The mayor of London financial city Nick Anstee accompanied by a delegation of business people from the UK will start tomorrow a commercial mission to Bucharest with the view to promoting the private sector in the UK and to developing business between the two countries. He offered an interview to HotNews.ro where he discussed the way the crisis struck the London City and the business in Eastern Europe. The Lord Mayor will take part on Tuesday morning in a seminar organized by the British Embassy on the issue of public-private partnership together with representatives of some British companies.
The delegation will be made up of approximately 15 people and includes representatives of numerous companies and organizations in the London City: London Stock Exchange, Law Society of England and Wales and Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Lord Mayor will meet president Traian Basescu and premier Emil Boc as well as ministers of finances Sebastian Vladescu and minister of economy Adriean Videanu. At the same time, he will have meetings with high officials as well as representatives of the business Romanian-British community.
"Romania is an important commercial partner for the UK as well as an ally in the European Union ; this is proved by the British investment worth over 4 billion euro and the presence of more than 4,000 British companies which imposed themselves on the local market" Nick Anstee said before the visit. The agenda of the Lord Mayor continues with a meeting at the BNR headquarters where there will be discussions on financial matters.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei