Eurostat : Romania, the eighth budgetary deficit of EU of 8.3 % of GDPPublish date: 27-04-2010
Romania recorded last year the eighth budgetary deficit as percentage of GDP of the EU of 8.3% but it also recorded the lowest governmental debt of 23.7% in GDP according to the data published by Eurostat. The highest budgetary deficit was recorded in Ireland, of 14.3 % of GDP, Greece ( 13.6% of GDP, the UK ( 11.5% of GDP), Spain ( 11.2% of GDP) and Portugal ( 9.4% of GDP).
Out of the 27 countries of the European Union, 22 reported budgetary deficit higher than 3% of GDP in 2009, a press release of the European Statistics Bureau says. No EU state recorded budgetary excess. The lowest deficits were recorded in Sweden, ( 0.5% of GDP), Luxembourg ( 0.7% of GDP) and Estonia ( 1.7% of GDP). The budgetary deficit of EU deepened from 2.3% of GDP in 2008, at 6.8% of GDP in 2009, while the euro zone the budgetary deficit deepened from 2.0% of GDP in 2008 at 6.3% of GDP in 2009. Romania had in 2009 one of the lowest governmental debts.
Romania recorded last year one of the lowest governmental debts of 23.7% of GDP ( 40.7 billion lei). Before Romania with lower level of debts, were Estonia, whose governmental debt was in 2009 of 7.2% of GDP, Luxembourg ( 14.5%), and Bulgaria ( 14.8%). In 12 member states, the governmental debts was over 60% of GDP. The biggest debts as percentage of GDP recorded in Italy ( 115.8%), Greece ( 115.1%), Belgium ( 96.7%), Hungary ( 78.3%) and France ( 77.6%).
EU had in 2009 governmental expenditure of 50.7% of GDP and the income of 44.0% in GDP while the euro zone the budgetary expenditure were 50.7% of GDP and the income of 44.4% of GDP.
The public debt of the community bloc increased from 61.6% of GDP in 2008 to 73.6% in 2009, while the euro zone debt increased from 69.4% of GDP in 2008 to 78.7% of GDP in 2009.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei