ZEW survey : The perception regarding the evolution of Romanian economy worsened slightlyPublish date: 27-04-2010
The perception of financial experts regarding the evolution of Romanian economy for the next six months worsened slightly in April, but it kept its second position in Central and Eastern Europe as attractiveness for investment, according to a survey of ZEW institute. The ZEW indicator regarding expectations of the specialists for the next six months dropped by 3.8 points, at 35.4 points.
The most attractive state in Central and Eastern Europe for foreign investors was Hungary, the study made by the present situation of the Romanian economy is still critical with the Austrian group Erste.
In contrast, the present situation of Romanian economy is still critical as compared to the rest of analysed states of the CEE. In spite of an advance of 10.6 points of the indicator regarding the present situation, this remains at the lowest level in the region, -40.5 points.
The ZEW indicator regarding the expectations of the financial specialists for CEE dropped by 9.3 points, at 28 points in April, while the perception of the present situation dropped slightly by 1.5 points at 24.4 points. The expectations for the euro zone evolved positively in April, the indicator recording an advance of three points, at 29.6 points. At the same time, the investors consider that the present situation has improved, following increase of 5.2 points at 23.3 points.
The ZEW institute analysed several states in Central and Eastern Europe, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei