Bechtel lays off 700 due to lack of financingPublish date: 23-04-2010
Bechtel will lay off 700 of the roughly 2,000 employees who work on the Transylvania Motorway due to lack of financing and delays in payments for the works carried out in 2009, reads a release of the US contractor.
"The employees hit by the collective redundancy decision will get the equivalent of two monthly salaries in compensation payment," reads the Bechtel release.
"It's regrettable that we had to resort to this measure. Unfortunately, the amount of works is not enough for us to keep all employees, so that we had to make this collective redundancy decision. I would like to stress that we tried to minimize the impact of the collective dismissal and keep as many people as possible," said project director Michael Swinford.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei