Gov't passes draft law on Constitution revisionPublish date: 22-04-2010
The Government approved the draft law on the Constitution revision, that says Parliament will be replaced by the Chamber of Representatives.
'The most important provision refers switching to one-chamber Parliament. Following this move, we'll have only one chamber of Parliament that will be called the Chamber of Representatives. The most important modification is that it is expressly written in the Constitution that there shall be no more than 300 lawmakers. In other words, the core of the project starts from the vote given by the citizens at the referendum', Boc said.
He explained that the draft law on the Constitution revision seeks to introduce in this fundamental act an explicit stipulation that the number of the parliamentarians is cut to 300. The Prime Minister stressed that under the revised act, the draft laws and the legal initiatives will be debated and voted on twice by Parliament's single chamber in 30 days.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei