PM Boc: Public expenditure cutbacks have been Govt's goal since 2009Publish date: 21-04-2010
The cutbacks in the public expenditure are a goal the Government has pledged since 2009, Prime Minister Emil Boc said during the talks between his Cabinet ministers and President Traian Basescu at the Cotroceni presidential Palace on Tuesday.
"If this Government and the previous Government had done nothing since December 2008 till now, Romania's budget deficit would have been at 12 percent in 2009 and 17 percent in 2010, if we simply had continued to roll what the Liberal Government headed by Mr. Tariceanu left us. We took certain concrete steps in 2009 and in 2010 to limit this budget deficit at 7.3 percent in 2009. The projection for 2010 is 5.9 percent", Boc said.
'In the same way that we did not hesitate in the 2009 presidential campaign to take tough measures for the present, but correct for the future, neither shall we hesitate now to go on the same way. The reform process is not very simple, unfortunately. Unfortunately, the laws we proposed and other ones that we are going to propose will not be laws to satisfy everybody', Boc said.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei