S&P does not disconsider early parliamentary elections in RomaniaPublish date: 21-04-2010
The S&P rating agency does not disconsider early parliamentary elections in Romania, although at present the opposition parties try to come back from the defeat at the previous presidential elections.
"Although the main opposition parties try to strengthen after the electoral defeat, we do not exclude the possibility of early parliamentary elections, before 2012" the report says.
The agency underlines that "it will be seen if the political tensions come back, as there will increase social pressures" which could be generated by the implementation of the reforms agreed with IMF and EC among which the reduction of expenditure with budget-paid salaries and the reform of the pensions system, NewsIn informs.
The S&P report reminds that after Traian Basescu's victory at presidential elections at the end of last year, PDL could create a parliamentary majority with UDMR where the members of other parties associated, after changing parties after the result.
"In spite of a certain degree of political uncertainty, the new government had, in our opinion, success in implementing its strategy of fiscal consolidation, which was reflected in the finalization by IMF of the evaluations of two and three of the stand-by agreement and in the payment of the stages" the report says.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei