Eurostat: Romania had in February the highest decrease in the EU of the production in constructionsPublish date: 21-04-2010
Romania recorded in February the most important rhythm of decrease in the European Union of the production in the constructions sector, of 13.8% against January, at the level of the community block diminishing by 2.9% according to Eurostat. The evolution of the activity in constructions of February is, for Romania, the second drop in a rwo, after two months of increase. Out of the 13 EU member states presented in the Eurostat report, the production of the constructions sector dropped in February, against January, in seven, kept the same in one country ( the Czech Republic) and went up in five.
The highest drops are noticed, besides Romania for Slovenia ( 9.2%) and Spain ( 6%). The highest increase of production in constructions are recorded in Hungary ( 6%), Portugal ( 1.4%) and Germany (1%).
Romania was placed, similarly, third in the EU depending on the annual rhythm of decrease in the sector of constructions in February of 26.9% after Bulgaria ( 30%) and Slovenia ( 28.7%). In the Union, the indicator dropped by 10.2%. The activity increased only in the UK (5%). At the level of the euro zone, the region which comprises the biggest economies in the EU, the production in the constructions sector dropped in February by 3.3% against January, and by 15% against the same month of 2009.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei