The first estimate of leasing in 2010: 81% decrease in Q1Publish date: 20-04-2010
The local industry of leasing recorded a drop of 81% in Q1 as compared to the similar period of 2009, according to a Eurotaxglass study, a company specialized in offering information, solutions and services of consultancy for the auto domain.
Thus, for Q1 in 2009, ALB ( the association of financing societies) published a level of the financing offered by leasing companies on the domestic market worth 356.179 million euro.
At the same time, the drop estimated by Eurotaxglass would situate the level of financing offered by leasing societies over the first three months of this year at 67.675 million euro, diminution of over five times ( 5.4 ) of the level of the market over Q1 as compared to the same period of 2009.
"The figures are the result of an independent study of Eurotaxglass on the basis of collaboration with ALB and the companies which are our clients. According to this domestic study, the level of financing offered by leasing companies, for Q1 dropped by 81% against the same period of last year. At the same time, 23 outlets of dealers ( 5%) and 250 auto services (8%) closed down" Sorin Iacob, general manager of the company said.
He also said that, according to the latest data offered by the Association of Producers and Importers of Automobiles (APIA) consolidated on the basis of reports made by importers and producers the number of new cars sold dropped by 69.7% over the first three months of this year.
At the same time, the number of second hand cars getting into traffic dropped by 42% over Q1, the data coming from DRPCIV ( the department for driving licences and registration of vehicles), as compared to monthly registrations.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei