Isarescu: Euro adoption calendar is catalyst of coherent policiesPublish date: 15-04-2010
The calendar for the accession to the European currency must represent a catalyst for coherent policies, Governor of the National Bank of Romania (BNR) Mugur Isarescu told a Thursday conference on economic competitiveness.
"I believe that this 2014-2015 calendar must represent a catalyst for the accomplishment of coherent policies," said Mugur Isarescu.
The BNR Governor said that he agreed to the opinion of International Monetary Fund Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn who said, in Bucharest, that, irrespective of whether the accession target was maintained or not, Romania must be prepared in point of economic policies.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei