Bank bankruptcy will be declared with BNR agreement onlyPublish date: 15-04-2010
The government approved an emergency ordnance according to which the bankruptcy procedures in the case of banks could be started only with the agreement of the National Bank of Romania ( BNR), the spokesperson of the government Ioana Muntean stated. The central bank cannot give the approval if they consider the institution is not in insolvency.
"The new regulations will contribute to the increase of trust in the banking system. Thus, the debts the credit institutions which are in insolvency have to their clients, on the margin of legal guarantee, could be paid first. The debts will have a degree of superior priority. At the same time, the norm will offer the business environment an increased degree of judicial certainty, by the fact that bankruptcy is only approved by the BNR" the government spokesperson Ioana Muntean said.
The norm approved by the government altered and completed the government ordnance 10/2004 regarding bankruptcy of credit institutions.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei