Petrom invests 100 mln euros in wind energy productionPublish date: 15-04-2010
Petrom has bought the entire Wind Power Park SRL, holder of a power generating project based on wind turbines, the company informs in a release remitted AGERPRES.
Total investments in the implementation of wind energy generating project held by Wind Power Park SRL is up to some 100 million euros. The project's capacity, located in Dobrogea, is of 45 MW and can be extended to 54 MW, Petrom informs.
The project will be finalized mid-2011, Dobrogea wind park production being facilitated by the fact that Wind Power Park SRL was already in possession of all the needed approvals.
"Diversification of Petrom activities through electricity production from wind sources is in line with our efforts of steady development. On medium-term, by valuing the complementarity of natural gas and electricity, as well as through projects in the field of alternative energies, Petrom will turn into an energy production company from a purely oil exploitation one", said Petrom CEO Mariana Gheorghe.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei