Canadian Ambassador pays visit to Rosia MontanaPublish date: 15-04-2010
Canadian Ambassador to Romania, Philippe Beaulne, on Tuesday met, in Rosia Montana (Alba County, central-west), with representatives of the Romanian-Canadian joint venture Rosia Montana Gold Corporation (RMGC) and also with local authorities.
The diplomat visited on the same occasion the Mining Museum, currently hosting an exhibition titled 'Gold of the Apuseni Mountains', and a school. After being welcomed by local authorities, the Ambassador met the general manager of the RMGC, Dragos Tanase, and also representatives of the Soros Foundation.
The Rosia Montana project, developed by RMGC, among the shareholders being Canadian company Gabriel Resources, absorbed investments worth over 400 million dollars so far. The assessment procedure of the Rosia Montana project is currently stopped, after almost three years since the Environment Minister back then Attila Korodi said that 'it won't continue, for the urban planning certificate needed under this procedure was suspended by law. '
The Canadian diplomat is on his first visit to Rosia Montana. The former Canadian Ambassador to Bucharest, Marta Moszczenska, has also came to the Apuseni Mountains and Rosia Montana, in 2007. Back then, Martha Moszczenska appreciated the project of exploitation of the gold and silver deposits at Rosia Montana as one to be very good for the region. While attending an event organised by the Romanian-Canadian joint venture RMGC, Marta Moszczenska said, in December 2007, that in her opinion, the Rosia Montana project meets all requirements.
During Wednesday, the Canadian Ambassador will meet, at the City Hall, with other local officials too, following afterwards to visit the Three Fortifications Route and to meet His Eminence Andrei Andreicut, Archbishop of Alba Iulia.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei