2011 population census estimated to cost 50 million eurosPublish date: 14-04-2010
The Romanian Government will be spending nearly 50 million euros on the population and housing census of 2011, Minister of Administration and Interior Vasile Blaga told prefects at a teleconference on Tuesday.
Blaga said that 17.8 million euros of the total will be earmarked tothe National Statistics Institute (INS) to cover the costs of printing and distributing the census materials, data storage services, publicity, training, computers and related licences.
Out of the necessary census funds, the Ministry of Administration and Interior will use 30.3 million euros to pay census interviewers, rent space for storing the reports, travelling and computers.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei