Mobile & PDA
BNR Exchange Rates27.03.2017
- 1 EUR 4.5500 RON
- 1 USD 4.1870 RON
- 1 CHF 4.2529 RON
- 1 GBP 5.2686 RON
- 1 gr. aur169.3164 RON
Romania, Azerbaijan and Georgia sign Memorandum on AGRI projectUpdated: 14-04-2010 | Regional Europe
Romania, Georgia and Azerbaijan have signed on Tuesday, in Bucharest, the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the Interconnection (AGRI) project, namely tthe construction of liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals through which natural gas can be transported from the Caspian Sea to Europe, from Azerbaijan through Georgia and Romania.
"The Memorandum of Understanding concluded between the three sides will allow the implementation of the natural gas transport project called 'Azerbaijan, Georgia, Romania Interconnection (AGRI)'. Romania will insist this one becomes one of the priority projects at European level", stated Minister of Economy, Trade and Business Environment in Romania Adriean Videanu, on the occasion of the MoU signing ceremony.
As well, he pointed out that the company headquarters in charge with the implementation of this project will be set up in Bucharest and that it will be established in the shortest time possible.
"The project company will be headquartered in Bucharest, and will be in charge with all the feasibility studies on the AGRI project. Azerbaijan finalized a feasibility study and Romania a study on the terminal in Constanta. But a company to present sides all the necessary data for the achievement of this project is also needed. Tomorrow (Wednesday - editor's note) we will start approaches for the setting up of the company and for deciding its statute. We must have a joint standpoint on the company statute. We already have some options for its headquarters", said Videanu.
The MoU was signed by the Minister of Economy, Trade and Business Environment Adriean Videanu, Azeri Minister of Industry and Energy, Natig Aliyev, and Georgia's Energy Minister, Alexander Khetaguri.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei
Most Popular News
- Three billion euros to be invested in energy private-public partnerships
- Romanian state plans to keep 8 pct of Petrom, at least
- IMF mission extends stay in Romania till May 9
- IMF, FinMin Vladescu discuss Government revenues collection
- Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to Marmosim
- Greece gets 110 billion euros, biggest bailout in history
- BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicated
- Romanian-German meeting on fresh cooperation opportunities
- Gov't to earmark 6.4pc of GDP for investment
- FinMin Vladescu: Cutting 25pc off public wages pool will not generate needed savings