Fuel prices push annual inflation rate to 4.2%Publish date: 14-04-2010
The annual inflation rate dropped in March to 4.2% data from the National Institute of Statistics show. The biggest price hikes were observed in fuels (1.95%).However, the lowering services, food and non-food prices due to the appreciation of the national currency managed to offset the rising petrol prices.
Compared to a month earlier, consumer prices increased in March by 0.22%, while services dropped 0.9%. Food prices rose 0.17% and non-food by 0.38%, the statistical office shows.
In February, the annual inflation rate had declined to 4.49% from 5.9% in January, on rising tobacco, power and fuel excises.Economists had predicted a decline in March inflation reading, as the appreciation of the national currency offset the rising consumer prices.The biggest increases were observed in fuels (1.95%), citrus fruits (1.92%), other vegetables and canned vegetables (1.27%).
In the non-food sector, books, newspapers and magazines cost 0.08% more than in February and tobacco and 0.01% more. However, vehicles and car parts suffered a 0.39% drop.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei