MFP sells discount CDs worth RON 1.49 billionPublish date: 13-04-2010
The Ministry of Public Finance (MFP) on Monday raised RON 1.49 billion (nearly 0.35 million euros) through an issue of discount certificates of deposit, auctioned by the National Bank of Romania (BNR).
The certificates of deposit mature in one year. The average weighted level of the discount finally agreed was 6.21 percent, down from an initial 5.84 percent.
The total value of the issue was RON 1.3 billion, for which 13 banks submitted bids for RON 3.17 billion.
MFP has planned to raise RON 4.5 billion through treasury certificates and Government bonds in April.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei