Fewer marriages, more divorces and a negative birth rate for FebruaryPublish date: 13-04-2010
The number of Romanians has decreased in February 2010 by 5,708 people, the number of births ( 16,418 children) being smaller than that of people who died ( 22,126) the official data coming from the National Institute for Statistics said. In January, the decrease of the population was 6,382 people.
The number of children under one year old who died in February was 178 ( 10.8 under one year /1,000 new born) growing as compared to January ( 9.6 children under one year/1,000 new born) INS shows.
The town halls recorded in February 4,715 marriages ( 2.9 marriages /1,000 inhabitants) dropping by 126 marriages as compared to the previous month.
In tribunals there were recorded 2,767 divorces ( 1.68 divorces/1,000 inhabitants) , 1,552 more than in January. The number of marriages was in February 2010 2,306 lower than the same month of 2009. There were 451 more divorces in February 2010 than in February 2009.
Although seemingly "innocent" the producers and banks watch carefully demographic evolution, in order to adapt their offer to certain consumers. A high level of divorces could mean more mortgage loans ( the two spouses to be separated need another place to live), the speciality companies offering analyses per county and sometimes per street in the big communities.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei