Romania's 2007-2009 European fund absorption rate exceeds 10pcPublish date: 13-04-2010
Romania has absorbed more than 10 percent of the European grants allocated to it in 2007-2009 that was used for projects worth 8.4 billion euros, the Department for European affairs of the Romanian Government reports, citing from a recent report of the European Commission.
In its communication called 'Cohesion policy: Strategic report 2010 on the implementation of the programmes 2007-2013,' the European Commission says Romania has identified reduced administrative efficiency of both management authorities and beneficiaries and ongoing internal reorganisation of the public administration as the main reasons for the delays in accessing the European funds.
According to the report, the member states of the European Union say their original commitments to invest in structural change are being realised. Projects are already selected amounting to more than 93 billion euros or 27 percent of the total financial volume for the period, after approximately 18 months of active implementation.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei