Pension funds - 9.5 pct profitability rate in Q1Publish date: 13-04-2010
Mandatory private pension funds (Pillar II), with more than five million contributors in Romania, posted an average profitability rate of 9.5 percent in the first quarter of 2010 and of 24.2 percent in the past 12 months (March 2009 - March 2010), according to the Association for the Privately Administered Pensions in Romania.
The annual average gain since launch and up to present for all the mandatory pension funds is of 17.7 percent.
By comparison, the inflation target for the entire 2010 of Romania's National Bank is of 3.5 percent. In 2009, the average bank interest rate for population lei deposits stood at 12.5 percent.
The optional private pension funds (Pillar III), with more than 193,000 contributors, scored an average investment performance of 9.1 percent in the first quarter of 2010 and of 23 percent in the past year. The annual average gain since launch and up to present of the optional pension funds stood at 10.2 percent.
According to Agerpres, the main growth engines for those profitability rates were the stocks and corporate bonds held by the private pension funds. At the same time, the significant reduction of the interest rates on the domestic market led to the appreciation of the real value of state equities in the pension fund portfolios.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei