Romania, Egypt trade can attain 500 mln dlrsPublish date: 13-04-2010
Egypt is the main piece in the development of Romania's relation with Africa and the East, while the bilateral trade could reach 500 million dollars a year, chairman of the Bucharest Chamber of Commerce and Industry Sorin Dimitriu said during a meeting with visiting chairman of the Businessmen's Association of Egypt Hassan El Shafei on Friday.
There is mutual interest in the re-launch of the bilateral relations and an efficient structure in this respect is the Egypt-Romania Business Council, that will re-start its activity under the chairmanship of Egyptian businessman Hassan El Shafei and of Sorin Dimitriu, who is the Council co-chairman.
The Romanian and Egyptian trade officials discussed the amendments to the Agreement on the setting up of the Egypt-Romania Business Council to be signed in early June, on which occasion the Council will prove its capability to contribute to the development of the bilateral commercial ties, by 'staging a business forum that should give a very concrete dimension to our cooperation', Dimitriu said.
The Romanian-Egyptian cooperation on such areas as industrial facilities (the upgrading of industrial compounds), tourism, education, research (the cooperation within consortia for conducting projects on European funds) or aviation can contribute to boosting the commercial exchanges between the two countries, the chairman of the Bucharest Chamber of Commerce and Industry stressed.
The Egyptian delegation was accompanied at the Bucharest Chamber's headquarters by Ninive Abdelrahman, plenipotentiary minister for commercial relations at Egypt's Embassy in Bucharest, Agerpres reports.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei