WESEE contemplating building infrastructure for Fantanele wind farmPublish date: 09-04-2010
Romania's Electrogrup SA and Germany's Montage GmbH and Windenergy Service GmbH have established a Romanian-German joint venture called Wind Energy Service East Europe (WESEE) to build the infrastructure for the Fantanele wind farm in the Romanian south-eastern province of Dobrogea.
According to a press release of WESEE, the joint venture will provide installation, commissioning and maintenance services for wind power stations.
The new company will also conduct related works on high-voltage and low-voltage electricity lines, telecommunications infrastructure and civil engineering structures.In order to conduct the installation and maintenance works on the wind turbines of the Fantanele wind farm, the company says it will recruit local workforce that will be trained and accredited in Germany.
WESEE is also contemplating expanding its business to include Moldova, Bulgaria, Hungary, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia and Albania. Works on the Fantanele wind farm were started in 2008 by CEZ. In August 2008, CEZ took over from Continental Wind Partners two wind power projects that were to be carried out north of the Black Sea city of Constanta, in the vicinity of the Fantanele and Cogealac villages that would have a total capacity of 600 Megawatt. The CEZ project in Dobrogea is an investment put at 1.1 billion euros.
Electrogrup SA is a national provider of energy and telecommunications projects operating in Cluj-Napoca, Bucharest, Timisoara, Iasi and Brasov. It has a 13-year experience in the field of infrastructure construction. Montage GmbH has a nine-year experience in the area of wind turbine installation as part of big European projects conducted in Germany, Belgium and Italy. Windenergy Service GmbH is a provider of maintenance services for European wind farms, Agerpres informs.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei