Eurofighter won't take part in the BSDA exhibition, after the decision to acquire F-16Publish date: 09-04-2010
The Eurofighter consortium, the producer of Typhoon fighting craft decided not to take part in the Black Sea Defence&Aerospace exhibition to take place in Bucharest between 13-15 April after the CSAT recommendation regarding the acquisition of 24 fighting F-16 craft second hand.
"Eurofighter expressed their disappointment that no international competitive bid took place which would have allowed the adequate evaluation of all candidate craft. Eurofighter keeps its hope that the Romanian parliament will organise such a competitive process for public procurement" the European consortium says in a press release.
The European consortium considers that by taking this decision, Romania will have to start on a medium and short term "a new programme for the modernization of the fleet for Romanian air forces - a situation which would have been avoided by choosing Eurofighter".
Eurofighter considered that, if Romania had chosen Typhoon, they would have benefited from a fair offset package which would have created many working places in domains of high technology.
According to the quoted source, in the four partner countries in the Eurofighter programme there were created 100,000 working places directly or indirectly in over 400 companies. The positive economic impact of the Eurofighter programme for the four countries was estimated at over 60 billion euros.
Up to now, Eurofighter Typhoon was ordered by six countries (Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Austria and the Saudi Arabic Kingdom). With 707 ordered craft, this is the biggest military collaboration programme in Europe.
The exhibition and the international conference dedicated to the aeronautical, defence, homeland security and private security industry "Black Sea Defense & Aerospace 2010" is one of the five exhitions in Europe where the Defense Department of the United States of America "US DoD takes place directly in 2010" the site of the exhibition says.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei