Romanians of Canada might draw pensions for working in RomaniaPublish date: 08-04-2010
The Romanians who have settled in Canada might draw pensions for their employment in Romania, according to a draft law ratifying a Romanian-Canadian agreement on social security issues, adopted by the Romanian Government on Wednesday.
The agreement is designed to recognise and total the social security contributions paid by Romanians in Romania and Canada, start cooperation between the national bodies of the two countries in charge with social benefits as well as to establish ways of making the related payments, Labour Minister Mihai Seitan told a Government meeting.
'The legal framework under consideration provides for equal treatment to Romanian and Canadian citizens and the possibility to export social security benefits regulated by the agreement. In paying the benefits, all the social security contributions paid under the legislation of both countries will be added,' said Seitan.
The minister explained that anyone drawing a pension in Romania was not allowed to draw another pension in Canada and the other way around.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei