Romania's unemployment rate 7.8 pct in Q4, 2009 (statistics)Publish date: 08-04-2010
Unemployment rate reached 7.8 percent in Romania in the 4th quarter of 2009, occupancy rate, in the case of the workign age population (20-64) having stood at 12.8 percentage points below the target set by EU for 2020, according to data on Wednesday made public by the National Institute of Statistics (INS).
The unemployment rate recorded in the latest three months of 2009 reached increasingly higher values, as follows: 7.1 percent in October, 7.5 percent in November and 7.8 percent in December.
In this content, the occupancy rate of the working age population (20-64) stood at 57.4 percent in the 4th quarter of last year, activity rate of working age population having stood at 62.3 percent, against the target of 75 percent proposed by the EU for 2020, through the Europe 2020 Strategy. This means that by 2020 Romania will have to increase its occupancy rate by 12.8 percent, according to INS.
The occupancy rate of active population, of 57.4 percent, saw a lower level compared with the same quarter in the previous year (-0.9 percent), and also compared with the previous quarter (-3 percent) of the same year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei